Sunday 24 February 2013

allow me to introduce myself...


why hello there...
let me take a moment to (quasi)introduce myself - my name is “toronto actress”. clearly, that’s not the name my mother gave me but it’s the alias i’m choosing to use...for now. basically, i’ve taken a page out of backstage’s “secret agent man” and have chosen to keep my true alias a secret. perhaps, one day i will reveal myself.
i’ve been wanting to start a blog for a very long time but never really knew exactly what i wanted to blog about. then it dawned on me - why not blog about the struggles of being an up and coming actress in toronto? through acting classes and various other blogs of similar natures, i’ve come to realize that there a lot of us in the exact same boat. so, i’ve decided to start documenting my experiences as i navigate through this crazy, crazy world.
if anything, this could be a way to document the strides i’m making as an actress and will be a great resource for the days i’m feeling down and out...
thank you for coming on this journey with me.
...and, away we go!

xoxo TA

ps. the title of this blog - "it's a long shot but i say why not" - comes from one of my favorite kelly clarkson songs, long shot.
the words of this particular song really resonate with me and i often play it when i'm feeling discouraged.
take a listen :)



No comments:

Post a Comment