Monday 11 March 2013

an ode to netflix

let me just take a moment to express my love for a little website named netflix.

dear netflix, 

you have single-handily changed the way i choose to spend what little spare time i seem to have.
on my bed, wrapped in my comforter, eyes glued to my macbook as i watch whatever tv series i'm currently obsessing over.

first, you brought me 90210.
albeit, i no longer have any desire to finish the series, i thank you for the memories.
i really do hope naomi finds the love she truly deserves.

then, netflix, you brought me misfits.
i never thought a show about a group of troubled youth from england would entertain and enrapture me the way this show did, but it did.
although, there were far too few episodes, i had some great laughs.
i thank you.

and most recently, sir netflix, you brought me the vampire diaries and for that, i will be eternally grateful.
i've just completed at all three seasons available on netflix and was able to locate season four episodes and am now all caught up.
now, i'm just (im)patiently waiting for the series to come off their spring (?!) hiatus.
i honestly don't know what to do with myself.
i haven't known life sans vampires diaries for a while now.

so, netflix, as i raise my figurative glass to you in a virtual toast, i ask you for a new series to obsess over.
whenever you're ready to provide me with one...
whenever you're ready.

*sips figurative champagne.


speaking of vampire diaires.
this scene (please see below) from episode 416 just sends shivers down my spine.
impeccable acting from miss nina dobrev (toronto, what what?!).
my heart really broke for miss elena.

***spoiler alert - watch at yo' own risk.

xoxo TA


No comments:

Post a Comment